Friday, May 1, 2009

Gifts for Little Girls

The other day my daughter handed me not one but two birthday party invitations. " Can I go?" she pleaded. So I gave her the standard answer, yes as long we don't already have other plans. So she's happy and I get to dwell on what to get for gifts. So today I thought I would share some gift ideas for girls.


My first pick is for a baby girl, and you know how fun it is to buy adorable dresses for baby girls! This dress is size 3 to 6 months. It is hand crocheted and would look just amazing on your little princess. To purchase this dress or see other hand crochet items go to CraftsbyEllen.

Now if you are looking for something a little older girl, you'll want to check out My Little Lady. I have purchased from this shop before and I highly recommend the headbands. They are simply adorable and my daughter wears hers constantly. Shipping was very fast and the headbands still look as great as they did when I first got them. I have picked out two headbands to show you, but I really suggest visiting this shop to see all the top quality items.












My daughters favorite cookies to make are sugar cookies, the best part for her is decorating them - with lots of pink sprinkles! So here's a great recipe for Rolled Sugar Cookies:

1 cup sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
3 tablespoons milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
sugar, if desired

In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, margarine, milk, vanilla and egg; blend well. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.

Heat oven to 400F. On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of dough at a time to 1/8" thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated. Cut with floured cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets; sprinkle with sugar.

Bake at 400F for 5 to 9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
Yields: 5 to 6 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment