Monday, May 4, 2009

It's the little things . . .

I know it is very cliche, but it is really true, the little things in life can make the biggest difference. A hug from my two year older is one of the best ways to brighten my day. I had one of those chaotic weekends, where you actually think you can manage being in two places at the same time - yeah that always works out well. Of course it also rained all weekend and is still raining now. So I am trying to divert my thoughts to calmer things and share with you some little things that make life easier and nicer.

To start off, I now have scrubbies for sale in my shop. If you don't know what a scrubbie is, it is crocheted cotton yarn about 3 1/2" in diameter, that you can use for so many things. For example cleaning dishes or sinks, removing make up, washing little hands and faces and trust me once you buy them you'll be finding your own uses for them too. Cotton yarn is very durable and when needed throw them in the washer and just lay flat to dry. So simple! I sell them in a set of 5 for only $2.50, you can request a color or just let me select 5 random colors for you.

Another one of my favorite things is goats milk soap, it's one of my indulgences that is thankfully an affordable one. Here's a great shop that you can get goats milk soap from and many another wonderful items. So check out LostRiverRags, your sure to find something to pamper yourself.












Now here is a simple but decadent dessert, it is Mint Chocolate Chip Pie and it is a great dessert for when you are having company.

6 to 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate

spoon ice cream into crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over ice cream. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Pie may be frozen for up to 2 months.
Yield: 6-8 servings.

Enjoy!


Personalized Children's Books.  Click here!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen!

    Thanks so much for the write up on our Goat's Milk Soaps. You are such a sweet heart.

    I LOVE scrubbies, and you're right, they are so versitle and can be used in so many ways.

    The Chocolate Chip Pie sounds like its to die for! Yum! I may just have to make one of those for my husband.

    Again, thank you. We really appreciate the blog!

    ReplyDelete