Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's New

You have to love the way a 2 year old looks at the world, everything is fun, they are curious and eager to learn, and eager to help. My little one decided to help feed her brother's fish yesterday, fortunately for the fish she couldn't reach the tank, for me, I got to vacuum up a can of fish food off the rug. I couldn't get mad, she just wanted to feed the fish. So this morning one of my errands was to buy new fish food.

Something new to my shop are these great dish clothes, made from 100% cotton they are durable and adsorbent. Better than paper towels and environmentally friendly, just wash and reuse over again. Many great colors to choose from!

Something else new that I found while checking out my favorite Etsy shops is this cute bracelet from WithLovefromMom, and you can find this and many other beautiful pieces when you visit this shop.


I love making quick bread, and this one is a new twist on an old standard, it is for Pineapple Banana Bread. I hope you like it!

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 can(8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8x4x2" loaf pans.

Bake at 350degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yield: 2 loaves


VIP10

1 comment: